Meet Dr. Wayne Svoboda
In 1995 I opened Federal Way Children's Dentistry, a special dental office just for kids. I am committed to providing individualized and gentle dentistry to all my patients, ensuring that all children who come to my office grow up without a fear of dentistry. I believe that open communication is the key to successful treatment and positive experiences for my patients and their families.
Dr. Svoboda completed his BS degree at the University of Illinois at Champaign. This was followed by a four year tour of duty in the U.S. Navy. He then attended Loyola University School of Dentistry in Chicago and received his DDS degree with honors. In 1988 Dr. Svoboda moved to the State of Washington and completed a two year residency in the specialty of pediatric dentistry. In 1994 he was board certified and became a fellow of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry.
Dental Licenses and Certificates
- Licensed by the state of Washington since 1991
- Licensed to administer moderate sedation to children since 1991
- Other active state dental licenses include Oregon, Montana, and Arizona
- EMT National Registry #34184, ACLS and PALS Qualified
- American Dental Association
- Washington State Dental Association
- South King County Dental Society
- Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Board Certification by the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- Washington State Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Seattle Pediatric Dental Society
- American Society of Dentistry for Children
In the Dental Community
Dr. Svoboda has published several scientific articles and lectured on pediatric dentistry, with particular interest in the genetic and developmental disorders of the dentition in children. Dr. Svoboda has been an adjunct clinical instructor at the University of Washington School of Dentistry and a staff member of Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital in Tacoma.