Regular dental checkups are essential for maintaining optimum oral health for everyone. This is especially so for children. Unlike adults, children are in a constant state of growth and development. The teeth and surrounding tissues need consistent monitoring during all stages of development. This is best done by a dentist who has advanced training in the area of children's dentistry.
Dr. Svoboda is a pediatric dentist, a specialist in providing comprehensive dental care to children. Like a pediatrician, he sees children of all ages. If your child has a problem beyond the scope of our practice, you will be referred to the best specialists in our area.
A typical pediatric dental checkup for your child will include:
One of our registered dental staff will clean and polish all teeth, apply a topical fluoride gel or varnish, and take X-rays.
Dr. Svoboda will:
- Detect any areas of abnormal enamel and any existing tooth decay
- Screen for possible developing problems with the bite (occlusion)
- Detect any soft tissue and facial bone abnormalities
- Detect abnormalities in the eruption pattern of the primary and permanent teeth
- Determine the space requirements for the incoming permanent teeth
- Monitor facial growth and development
- Refer your child for an early orthodontic screening for all children no later than 8 years of age
- Refer your child to other dental or medical specialists as needed